Friday, September 2, 2011

In Preparation

As of this moment, I am working on last minute packing, printing out documents, and squeezing in the last of familiarities like food, texting, and tv(even though it is rumoured that Moscow has all three of these)... But that hasn't stopped my brother and my father from reassuring me that all I will be eating for three months is Borsht and sour cream. Thanks, guys. And now the nervousness and anticipation are all starting to settle in my stomach and its getting to me. I make lists in my sleep (baby, what's my sin?), dream in Russian, think about what I need to bring, and all sorts of other problems that really don't need to be worried about. Stupid things like, how much tylenol should I bring? or Will I have a roommate? Although I know I will most likely be fine, there are still worrisome aspects to studying abroad that, I am sure, will get easier in time. Things mostly like immersing myself in the culture, language, and politics- aka not being sent to a gulag, not mixing up words, and not being an obvious American. They would know anyway. Apparently the two dead giveaways of Americans is that we smile too much, and we don't sware enough. Although I do love being from the USA, some other countries do not like it, we'll see how the Russkis react. T-30 hours until take-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment