Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's very wet here- including me.

So the last couple days have also been very hectic. More registering, pre-course test, crash course on Russia, 3 hour [walking] tour, and nightlife. I am hopefully officially signed up for classes, but Russia being Russia, I am not 100% sure yet of my schedule. And the lady I needed to talk to was 45 minutes late for work so I had to wait around before I high-tailed it for the exam. After the schooling, we had free time, which I used to set up my internet, watch True Blood, and nap. Saturday morning was the walking tour, which was actually really quite fun. Learned a lot, forgot some of it, but was intrigued by almost everything the guy had to say. Although, it would have been better if it hadn't been raining. My poor hair is now back to its curly, jewy, unmangable self, which I do admit, I kind of missed. After the tour, we had lunch, and I was a party-pooper and went back to the dorm. Where I proceeded to nap and fool around on the computer, again. Although this time, it was actually a nap.
After I woke up, the group congregated again, and decided we would go out. (It is now about 11 o'clockPM at this point) and the GREAT part about going out in Moscow is that the metro closes at 1AM and opens again at 5:30AM. And when you are still learning your way around the city, there is no way in hell that you are making the 1am cutoff, espcially when you start at 11-12 at night. For those of you that have never gone out with me- I am a fan of happy hour. In at 5PM, out at midnight, half priced drinks, and ride the buzzzzzz; no getting wasted, sloppy, inappropriate, or foolish. No such luck with a big group that consists of young adult, vibrant individuals who will not have youth wasted on the young, therefore, we stay out allllll night. (and just in case you were wondering- yes. I did just get in and the sun is rising and I am really pruney...). The first place we went to was pretty awesome, great atmosphere, though it was pretty dead. We spent about 2-3 hours finding it though, at night, in the pouring rain, and only a couple of us fluent enough to get around. We eventually found it, and are eager to go back and try again- now that we know where the god-forsaken place is. The second place we went to had a lot of potential, but it was 4 in the morning and the bouncer wouldn't let us in. So, we went to a 24 hour coffee house and waited until the metro opened up again. I had an espresso- hence the being up and writing this. The rain got worse on the way to the station and it was buckets by the time we got off. It literally took all night, but the drinks were good, the company was most delightful, and overall, I did have a good time.
Now it is 7 o'clock on Sunday, and we have an optional museum tour at noon. I feel bad for missing it, but 1) I will probably not get up, and 2) I have 3 months to go see this museum when I am not exhausted and will actually be interested in it. I think the espresso is wearing off. Either that or it is being over-powered by Lynchburg Lemonades and the need for sleep.
Dos fydanya for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment